Peeps Consulting are representing CUB in the recruitment of a Digital Planner, please see the company job description below and if this is a fit, follow the prompts at the bottom of this post.
The Digital Planner will be a lead thinker on how CUB uses digital channels to bring brands to life. They manage up to 2x Channel Specialists and will be responsible for co-creating channel strategies, content plans, facilitating digital media buying and execute approved strategies.
The role requires a high level of digital marketing channel expertise across all our Paid, Owned and Earned platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, YouTube & Adobe. The role also requires a challenging and inquisitive mindset; with a strong ability to interpret briefs and think beyond the basic requirements given by a brand.
You will devise end to end consumer journeys with optimal channel mix recommendations based on brand and campaign objectives.
Have a forward-thinking view on the future of Marketing channels and emerging platforms and develop roadmaps to progress CUB into the new age of channel execution.
Maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including media partners, key agencies and internal stakeholders across CUB and our portfolio of brands.
Campaign Strategy & Planning
• Develop portfolio Paid, Owned and Earned Strategies across Social Media, Video, Website, Automation and new emerging channels or products.
• Provide campaign recommendations on how to best leverage digital channels to achieve brand goals.
• Work with Project Leads on clear workflows from brand briefs into execution.
• Work with key agency partners (PHD, Clemenger, TSG) to ensure digital plans
are integrated into brand media responses and recommendations.
• Understand opportunities and best practice on digital platforms and ensure the
Channel Specialists are increasing capability of channel execution.
• Interpret insights, trends to create proactive opportunities for campaigns. 1.
• Work with the Media Manager and media agency to plan budgets, reach, audience targeting and understand broader media planning.
• Work with creative agencies to understand creative territories, campaign positioning and key messages.
• Map out end to end consumer journeys to understand role of channels and content recommendations.
Digital Best Practice – Campaign Management & Optimisation
• Oversee the development and maintenance of brand channel plans including media plans for Social & VOD.
• Jointly maintain cultural calendar with proactive media opportunities.
• Oversee content briefing from Channel Specialists into Content Team and look
at opportunities to improve the process.
• Ensure team are monitoring campaign performance vs objectives and re-invest,
optimise or remove content as necessary.
• Ensure team are maintaining owned platforms i.e. Facebook & Instagram Pages,
YouTube Channel, Website pages etc.
• Ensure all content is to regulatory and internal standards i.e. ABAC and Digital
Media Guiding Principles.
• Help inform the Data acquisition strategy across channels working with our
existing Ad & Marketing Tech stack.
• Utilise custom audiences and targeting and define portfolio strategy.
• Help oversee CUBs approach to programmatic media in partnership with Adobe
and other Digital Planners.
• Help create opportunities to work better with key media partners e.g. Strike
Social, Adobe and Facebook.
Capability & Team Management
• Upskill and develop the Channel Specialist team where necessary to stay at the forefront of existing and emerging channels.
• Create learning plans for the Channel Specialist team with support from the Brand & Communications Manager.
• Liaise with partners to ensure best in class execution i.e. Facebook, Google.
• Establish network of 3rd party contacts to understand best practice and
• Ensure the workflow management and Asana processes in the channel specialist
team are continually improving in partnership with the Head of Operations and
• Develop clear ways of working with Project Leads to ensure timely and effective
delivery of campaigns.
• Be involved in Sprint Planning to ensure accurate representation of workload and allocation of tasks to the Channel Specialist team.
• Build positive and collaborative relationships with key external partners.
• Work closely with external media and creative agencies to deliver integrated
brand campaign responses.
• Build out a collaborative reporting framework with our media agency and data
team to reduce overlap of work.
• Relevant industry experience (Agency, Client or Publisher-side)
• Commercial Business or Marketing degree advantageous
Skills and/or knowledge
• Strong understanding of Brands and have a broader marketing appreciation.
• Demonstrated ability to strategise and execute content plans across Paid,
Owned and Earned.
• Proven ability to identify and implement innovative digital communications
• Understanding of the role of each channel within the wider Marketing
• Solid understanding of Google Analytics, using UTM or similar tagging
frameworks to demonstrate content effectiveness.
• Experience working within Agile desirable.
• In-depth knowledge of Facebook Business Manager.
• Project management in Asana advantageous.
• Deep understanding of consumer behaviour on digital platforms, with specific
reference to how to influence consumer behaviour to drive business outcomes. Other requirements • Management and mentorship experience.
• Strong stakeholder influencing and engagement skills.
• Strong longer term thinking and analytical skill set.
• Very strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop relationships quickly
• Strong ability to identify industry shifts and evolve internal thinking in-line with
the changing digital landscape.
• Ability to lead a different way of thinking and at the same time creating real
ownership in brands (and other relevant areas of the business) around
implementing the change in their own teams.
• Have the judgment/ability to determine how “deep” to support a brand, or
whether to simply provide guidance based on business impact – in order to
best deliver to the Portfolio and individual Brand objectives
• Experience in managing media budgets
If you possess the experience, skills and motivation for this role please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com