Peeps Consulting are representing Ampel in the recruitment of a Director of Media & Partnerships, please see the company job description below and if this is a fit, follow the prompts at the bottom of this post.
At Ampel, we create great audio experiences that connect to audiences and drive results for our clients. Our mission is to reinvigorate the art of compelling audio storytelling to a new generation and enable every great storyteller to find their voice and be heard. Our agency specialises in audio led creative concepts & strategy, production, audio media and distribution – ensuring that audio production sits at the heart of content strategy.
The Director of Media & Partnerships is a key leadership role within Ampel, and part of the senior leadership team. They are responsible for developing and leading the media department of Ampel and setting the direction and standards for how we distribute our content and grow audiences, as well as sell our properties and monetise our original content.
You will be responsible for managing the profitability of this unit, and securing sponsorships and advertising revenue for our original and branded content. You will also be responsible for ensuring that we are leveraging all paid, owned and earned media within the podcast landscape to grow audiences and drive them to our content.
Roles & Responsibilities
● Lead the overall day to day operations of Ampel’s media department;
● Work with the GM, Ampel to establish and govern the product/packages and
process for securing sponsorships and ad revenue for our original content;
● Work with the GM, Ampel to establish and govern the right tools and bring on the
right technology partners to establish a world class a
● Develop & maintain relationships with media partners / providers in audio industry;
● Develop the sponsorship packages for our original content and be responsible for
ensuring profitability of our content through securement of advertising dollars;
● Develop the playbook for podcast promotion and audience growth and be
responsible for developing promotional plans (Paid, owned & earned) for our
original & brand funded slate;
● Work closely with our GM and Strategy team on pitches and create monetisation
models for advertisers to support an investment in podcast creation;
● Grow audiences for our podcasts. End to end management of distribution and
promotional plans across paid, owned and earned channels. Ensuring high reach
and engagement of our content, and that all advertiser KPIs are met;
● Develop the right tools and process to ensure deliverables are met on time,
budget, and ensure profitability;
● Be part of regular client meetings and WIPs;
● Grow and manage a team of media planners, buyers and sales reps as we scale.
● Maintain strong, trusted relationships with clients;
● Work closely with our internal production and strategy teams to develop new ideas
and opportunities for our audio clients and products;
● Work with our GM to create detailed Scopes of Work and track regularly;
● Instill and govern our values at every touch point with our internal and external
colleagues and clients;
● Act as a great representative for our company and contribute to thought leadership, content creation and content marketing for Ampel.
Required Experience and Skills
● 5-8+ years experience working in a digital media or similar type role;
● Experience working in an agency or publisher environment;
● Experience with media planning for audio;
● Sales experience either in agency or publisher environment;
● Strong existing relationships with key audio partners (Spotify, iHeart, etc);
● Proven track record of sales growth and history of managing a P&L;
● Previous media planning or strategy experience;
● Brand partnerships/sponsorship experience;
● Strong business acumen & budgeting experience;
● Ability to work with and communicate well with senior marketing or creative leads;
● Strong writing skills;
● High attention to detail;
● Experience managing clients scopes of work and tracking profitability;
● Strong understanding of media and content production flows;
● Strategic mindset with a high level of curiosity;
● Hands on attitude and ability to thrive in a fast paced environment;
● Excellent organisation and time management skills;
● Strong understanding of (or ability to learn) Google Drive (Docs & Sheets), Slack,
Click Up and Omny (or similar).
We encourage everyone who works at Ampel to use all the skills available to them, to contribute to the creative output of our work. Love to write? Great! Record your own podcast? Even better! Bring your skill sets to the team and you’ll get to grow them.
● General Manager, Ampel How We Measure Success:
● Strong client satisfaction scores 8+ (TBD Measurement process)
● Grow the media department billings through both organic and new client wins
● Ensure minimum 80% of our properties are sponsored at any one time
● Consistent track record of delivering to KPIs set for audience growth and
● Commensurate with experience + bonus (on meeting targets);
● Share package
● Superannuation to continue for mat leave (after 12 months):
● Unlimited leave (used responsibly)
Role Based in Sydney with flexible work from home / office
● We Bring the Joy: People light up when we enter the room, because we always bring the energy. We have fun, even if the subject matter is hard. Because life is meant to be enjoyed, and when we are creating we are doing what we love.
● We Share to Grow: The industry success is our success. We are committed to growing the industry and uncovering and growing new talent and stories. So we don’t keep our trade secrets, we share them. We are generous with our knowledge and our time, because at the end of the day a story shared is a story gained by all.
● We Agree to Respectfully Disagree: We aren’t here to please the money people, we are here to grow audiences – for us and for the industry. That means sometimes having hard convo’s. You know the ones…’we don’t think your idea will work, but…’ we always end it with a better suggestion and a strong justification. Because we don’t want to shut anyone down, we just want to make it better.
● We Bring the Love: We aren’t here for discrimination of any kind. So don’t come knocking on our door if you have an agenda. We embrace everyone, and want everyone to feel like they have a voice that speaks to them. Our content is as diverse as our team, and we cherish individual voices and stories. They make our society richer and the category stronger.
● We Are Here for Each Other: Ego’s have no home in Ampel. We are a family, supportive of each other’s needs and personalities. We speak respectfully to each other, and embrace our differences. Working with Ampel, whether a client, talent or team member, means joining a family. Bring your true self to work, because you are welcome here.
● We Embrace The Stink: Shit happens. Sometimes we get some bad feedback, sometimes an idea we loved doesn’t land. It’s part of the creative process and unfortunately, sometimes it hurts. But honesty makes us better. We embrace those stinky times and find ways to learn from it. Each bad turn is a great learning opportunity to be better.
● We Make Our Mums Proud: It’s not in us to brag, so we won’t tell you…we’ll just show you. We bring the goods, every time. We know how to deliver fast, high quality and to budget. We are that team. The annoying ones who are always organised and deliver on time with a smile. We have a high standard of quality that we would be proud to show our mum. Even if she doesn’t get ‘what we do’, she will always be proud of ‘how good we do it’.
We Expect Every Team Member To:
1. Treat people well – our teams, our partners, our clients;
2. Be committed to what the client wants to achieve by saying No to things we can’t
do, and offering alternative achievable solutions;
3. Deliver excellent work;
4. Never assume – always ask questions and take responsibility;
5. Let others shine, and when it’s your turn, shine bright.
If we take care of these things, we will always be successful.
If you possess the experience, skills and motivation for this role please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org