Peeps Consulting are representing GROUND in the recruitment of a Senior Account Director, please see the company job description below and if this is a fit, follow the prompts at the bottom of this post.
GROUND is an award-winning integrated Social agency with a mission to create stuff that matters to
GROUND is growing – new departments, new team members and new exciting clients. We’re looking for
a Senior Account Director to become part of the leadership team and join us on our exciting journey.
We work with some of the most exciting and cultural brands in the industry from Tinder, LinkedIn,
Activision Blizzard through to Australian Vintage Limited and Australian Eggs. We’re looking for a
genuine social thinker who has a proven track record in leading their team and clients to create impactful
Working closely with the Managing Partner, this role requires someone to move award winning creative
work forward with best in class social expertise, strong client leadership and solid team management. The
candidate will be a team player who thrives on autonomy – they will have the freedom to look forward and
develop their career without a glass ceiling.
At GROUND we always do it for the Culture. How we collaborate, treat and interact with each other, but
also the passion we have for being plugged into our Brands world to ensure we create truly
groundbreaking work. So we are open to finding someone who may not have all the experience below,
but can see potential and opportunity in the role and can bring something extra.
What are we looking for?
● 6+ years agency experience with ideally 3+ years managing a team
● Fascinated and plugged into popular culture (Art, Music, Fashion, Food etc) – what’s happening?
What’s going on? Who can we talk to? How could it work for our brands?
● Strong proven leadership skills with senior stakeholder management experience – motivating both
client teams to inspire the best creative and ways of working
● Standout project management capabilities with the ability to lead and if required produce work ie.
● Expert knowledge and understanding of Social
● Extensive knowledge of the influencer / creator landscape
● Collaborative, articulate and engaging communication style with great presentation skills – being
able to present to a range of audiences and sizes with passion
● Proactive and proven business development skills; finding new opportunities within existing areas
of the business as well as forging new relationships to grow
● Expert financial management
● Drive to inspire and grow a team/agency
● Knowledge/ expertise in PR a bonus
● Australian citizen or relevant working subclass visa
● Based in Sydney
What does the role involve?
● This role requires someone who has a mindset for integrated campaign leadership and can lead
strategic and creative development and execution of client plans by managing team members
and other experts
● Strong client leadership across various levels of seniority
● Resourcefulness and being a good problem solver
● Continually provides expert insights on the social and influencer landscape
● Accountability on the overall performance of campaigns and the team
● Understands channel strategies and consumer journeys, and ensures the work developed covers
a range of touchpoints
● Fosters a positive and supportive and diverse work culture. Provides continual & constructive
feedback to team members to ensure they are on track with their growth
● Being a big team player – willingness to get involved in day-to-day running of account including
managing your own tasks
● Responsible for overall campaign and client finances ensuring the team are invoicing and
tracking accurately and that we are proactively identifying new areas of growth